Need a quick and easy gut-healthy dinner recipe?? This easy to make avocado salmon salad is a gut-healing meal you’ll love.
Are you tired and hungry at the end of the day?? I make this meal often because it is quick, easy and super healthful!
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat.
Here are some of the health benefits of salmon:
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids – decreases inflammation
- Lowers the risk for cancer
- Excellent source of B vitamins – create and repair DNA and reduce inflammation
- Contains the antioxidant Astaxanthin – protects the brain and nervous system from inflammation
- Protects brain health, reduces depressive symptoms, decreases anxiety, slows age-related memory loss
This recipe is:
- Grain- free
- Dairy- free
- Provides quality protein
- Provides Omega-3 –fatty acids
- High in vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes while salmon is cooking
Cook Time: 12 minutes
For the salmon:
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 tablespoon of crushed fennel seeds (optional)
For the salad:
- 2-3 cups of organic mixed salad greens
- 16 organic grape of cherry tomatoes
- ½ organic Persian cucumber – sliced or chopped
- ½ organic carrot – sliced
- 1 avocado – cut into chunks
- 12-16 olives – your choice of black or green
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon fillets on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and olive oil evenly on the fish
- Sprinkle the crushed fennel seeds on the salmon
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes
- Set the broiler and broil for 4 minutes
- While the salmon is cooking, put your salad ingredients into 2 bowls
- When the salmon is done, place the salmon on top of the salads and enjoy!!
HOW EASY WAS THAT??
I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as we do!
In good health,